Using and Analysing Data
Headteachers, Deputy and Assistant Heads, Assessment Coordinators
RAISEonline and the Inspection Dashboard will stay in its current form for this academic year, with validated reports February 2017.
Analysing and Using Data within Self Evaluation
- Evaluating your own 2016 RAISEonline (RAISEonline training).
- Undertaking analysis of Years 2 and 6 for attainment and progress across your school using national data.
- Understanding how to judge ‘progress from different starting points at the end of KS1 and KS2.
- Evaluating achievement in your school of groups of pupils for the end of the summer term 2016, including those receiving the Pupil Premium, using your system of assessing for years 1, 3, 4 and 5.
- Evaluating EYFS outcomes compared to the national.
- Ensuring that senior leaders have not reinvented levels! Leading successful Pupil Progress Meetings and using national progress in 2016 to help set targets.
- Evaluating achievement of groups of pupils for Years 1, 3, 4 and 5. Methods of checking the accuracy of teacher assessment.
- Evaluating your own 2016 RAISEonline, Inspection dashboard and internal data. Understanding Floor and Coasting Standards.
- Evaluating the achievement of all key groups across your school and comparing these with the latest ‘comparator group’ for 2016 (some have changed since 2015). A particular focus on prior attainment, tracking those receiving the Pupil Premium and how to compare these pupils with others nationally. Simple evaluation tools to help leaders quickly identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Understanding progress from pupils’ different starting points for EYFS to KS1 and KS1 to 2.
- Ensuring that the data gives leaders and governors ‘the big picture’ to aid evaluations. Too many schools have too much data, which actually prevents leaders from knowing how well all pupils and different groups of pupils are achieving!
By the end of this course you will have a full analysis and evaluation of all aspects of your latest school data, assuming that your without levels system is sophisticated enough to allow this.
IMPORTANT: Please note that direct email address of delegates is requested at booking so I can ensure they receive directly, any updated information about what they need to bring on the course.
Course not currently available.