- Using and Analysing Data
- Whole School Self Evaluation for Headteachers
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Senior & Middle Leaders
- Subject Leadership for Foundation Subject Leaders
- Evaluating the Quality of Teaching & Giving Effective Feedback
- Understanding Data (for School Governors)
- Focused Review
- School Achievement Visit and Report
- Improve Your Use of Data
- School Development Plan/Rapid Attainment Plan
- Headteacher’s Performance Management
- Support for Schools in Challenging Circumstances
Or tailor your own bespoke training packages to suit your exact needs
My name is Angela Kirk. I work as an independent education consultant offering a range of services to primary schools, including support for headteachers. I am an ex-primary headteacher and have worked previously as a School Improvement Partner and as an Adviser.
The role of the headteacher is demanding and ever changing. As well as a need to develop themselves as headteachers, with their own professional development requirements, headteachers can find that there simply are not sufficient hours in the day to train their leadership team without outside support. Many senior and middle leaders require support to help them with their understanding of effective leadership, management, monitoring and evaluation in their area/s of responsibility.
Furthermore, the role of a headteacher at times can be an isolated position. Many heads find it useful to be able to discuss the challenges that they face every day and their ideas for development with another like-minded individual in order to clarify their thoughts and help them to structure a plan of development. Many also find working with another leading professional undertaking joint lesson observations and school self-evaluation including work sampling, the writing of School Development Plan drafts and data analysis also supports their own professional development.
I am based in the midlands and work in Leicestershire, Leicester City, Rutland, Sheffield and Rotherham. However, I will only take on new schools in Leicester City and Leicestershire.